The start of the year is the perfect time to make goals and resolutions. Be it going to the gym or wanting to read more this year, we’re all looking to improve an aspect of our life and there isn’t a better time than the start of a brand new year. Last year, I decided to not set resolutions so that I wouldn’t feel overwhelmed or stressed. So as expected, my year kind of just went on without goals and I can say that it was not a memorable year. This year – I am trying something new. I’ve set r-e-a-l-i-s-t-i-c goals and have already began to chip away at them slowly. Here is my progress after a full month of working on my goals:
- Reduce sugar intake by 95% – Doing well. Having dessert maybe once a week and feeling great!
- Work out twice a week – Of course you can work out a lot more but I want this to be sustainable in the long term. I am a lazy person and I can admit that without any shame. So far, I missed one work out and that was this week because I went to a seminar instead.
- Keep a journal and stay organized – Bae got me a very practical and easy to use journal for keeping appointments and also keeping on top of my goals. The BASICS Notebook daily diary (pictured above) is completely customizable. It also has a very intelligent design with two straps, a place for your pen, empty calendar and several places to track your goals – long and short term.
- Read more – This is probably the only one I haven’t really improved. I’ve been on a binge watching The Office and I probably won’t pick up my books until I finish it. #JAM4ever
- Don’t use my phone in bed – I’m miserably failing at this. Its a very hard habit to break when my phone is right beside me. I’m thinking that I just need to busy myself more during the day so that I am really tired when I get to bed and won’t need to fall asleep looking at a blue light.
- Start planning a trip – I absolutely love to travel and have been lucky to visit quite a few places, but it happens maybe once every 4 or 5 years. I have been wanting to go Japan for years now and I think its time to start planning and saving up!
Do you have any new year resolutions? Have you kept up with any of them? If not, why not?