Since I’ve started this blog, I’ve learned more about beauty, skincare, and haircare ingredients and have started to look towards more natural beauty options. In skincare, I haven’t stopped obsessing over my VIVA skincare trio and Andalou hydrating spray toners. In beauty, I’ve looked into mineral makeup with my Eminence tinted sunscreen powder. In natural hair products, I’ve been looking at AG Hair sprays and volumizers. Your holy grail products that you could not live without now have natural dupes. And in most cases, you favourite MAC lipstick shade can be found without harmful dyes in a more natural tube of lippie, like dreamy lip shades from Bite Beauty. Here is a list of natural beauty products I’ve been having my eye on:
- Tata Harper Volumizing Lip and Cheek Tint – I love Tata Harper’s story and brand. She is an inspiring force in natural beauty products. I remember seeing her products in upscale boutiques before she was in Sephora and am excited that her true and tested product formulations are becoming more available. This lip and cheek tint is actually stunning – the two colours are very similar to my favourite NARS blushers but in a more natural formulation.
- Shaphos Liquid Mineral Foundation – I’ve seen this foundation last longer than the Kat Von D long lasting foundation. This one however, is completely mineral and full of good for your skin ingredients such as antioxidants. Seems like a dream come true!
- AG Hair Conditioning Mist Detangling Spray – AG Hair is a great brand in their transparency and telling their customers exactly what every bottle contains and what it doesn’t contain. Their products focus on performance while using natural ingredients as much as possible. This particular detangling spray not only contains conditioning ingredients but also a UV block so your hair is well protected in the sun. Yes, your hair can get damaged in the sun. Just like your skin.
- The Original Makeup Eraser – This one I’ve been following for a while. Since I’ve stopped using cleansers and started using Norwex cloths as part of my #NoCleanserChallenge, I’ve been looking at better ways to take off my makeup without using any kind of stripping or removing liquid. Its been tough. But this “magical” product, only recently available in Sephora (and Canada) can take off makeup like no one’s business. Go and youtube it right now. Not using up bottles of makeup remover and cotton pads is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer – Not the greenest of the bunch, but still cleaner than most Sephora products. This concealer has some great coverage. And thats an understatement. I tried it out at Sephora the other day – wowee. I haven’t looked this awake since my Bobbi Brown concealer and corrector ran out years ago. Great concealer for contouring.
Are there any green beauty purchases you’ve been looking at? Anything I should try?